Pesticide Applicator Course 2021
April 6, 2021
This online course from April 6-9 will prepare you to successfully obtain your provincial pesticide applicator certification (Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Category) and includes an in-person exam on the final day. Course instruction will be a combination of online self-study and online Zoom instruction.
Participants will learn:
- Local, provincial and federal legislation that govern pesticide use in BC
- Identification and management of priority invasive plant species in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- How pesticides are registered, classified and labeled for use in Canada
- Principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- How to minimize environmental and human health risks when selecting and applying pesticides
- Application technology and how to calculate pesticide application rates
- Emergency response
April 6 complete online Assistant Applicator Core Training course on your own
April 7 online instruction 9AM-4PM
April 8 online instruction 9AM-12PM
April 9 in-person exam 8:30-11:30AM at a Burnaby location
Exam: An in-person exam is offered on the morning of April 9. Examinees must adhere to public health and venue COVID-19 protocols during the exam (physical distancing, masks, etc.). Host reserves the right to make other arrangements for the exam if on April 9 an in-person exam is not permitted under public health orders. Government issued photo ID is required (such as driver’s license, BC ID card, or passport). Exam results will be mailed to candidates within about 2 weeks. A 1-year certificate is awarded for 60-74% on the exam and a 5-year certificate is awarded for 75% and above. Certificate is only valid in BC; please check other jurisdictions for equivalent credential.
Registration for this course is closed.