Like what the ISCMV is doing and want to stay connected? Become a member! Membership is open to the public and benefits include invitation to ISCMV events, and communication of regional invasive species information through our listserve.
Members agree to support the mission of the ISCMV and to uphold these objectives in the context of their daily role as Metro Vancouver resident and/or land manager:
- To collaborate with stakeholders on regional invasive species management programs and initiatives,
- To encourage the use of relevant science in the management of invasive species,
- To support efforts of stakeholders in the management of invasive species,
- To provide information to decision makers to help emphasize the need to manage invasive species,
- To collect, compile and disseminate information regarding the management and control of invasive species, and
- To undertake education and outreach activities that complement other initiatives dealing with invasive species management
Membership with the ISCMV is annual and you can sign up during any of our bi-annual public forums or other events. At any time, you can also fill out and submit our Individual Membership Agreement, below.
Want to contribute to a regional invasive species effort? Don’t have enough time to attend meetings or become a Board member? Anyone is welcome to join most of the Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver Committees at any time. Some Committees are only open to ISCMV Board of Directors.
Committees are an effective way for the organization to make decisions and progress on various issues and projects while involving diversity of experts. Committees are chaired by an ISCMV Board member and supported by ISCMV staff. Each committee decides individually the format for discussion, but much of the work is done over e-mail and conference calls. For more information about our committees, please contact us.
Click here for a list of ISCMV Committees and descriptions.
Board of Directors
Interested in becoming part of our Board of Directors? A full ISCMV Board has 15 Directors, each sitting 3-year terms. The Board generally meet in-person 4 times a year and attends other ISCMV events throughout the year, including our 2 annual public forums. Board members also participate on ISCMV Committees and support staff in various ways as needed. At every Annual General Meeting (usually held in April of each year), some Director’s terms are up and the Board seeks nominations for new Directors. Click here to find out more about the nominations process.
The ISCMV will be conducting outreach and field activities throughout Metro Vancouver in the spring/summer of 2017 and requires an Invasive Species Education Assistant to support this work. Please see the job description below. The deadline to apply is April 17, 2017.
There are no other positions available at this time. Any open positions will be posted on this page.