Early detection is critical to stopping the spread of invasive species. You can help detect and locate new infestations and be part of the solution! If you see a plant that looks unfamiliar or ‘out of place’ or a creature you don’t recognize and have concerns about, we encourage you to report.
Here are several reporting options:
- Report Invasives BC – download a free smarphone app to report invasive species anywhere in BC. (Please note that the apps can be used off-line as well; simply complete the report, click 'Submit' and the report will be sent as soon as you are back online.) Your weed sightings will be reviewed by an invasive plant specialist for your area, who will coordinate follow-up activities with the appropriate local authorities.
- Report ALL sightings of invasive mussels to the B.C. Conservation Officer Service (RAPP): 1-877-952-7277
- Contact us directly to report sites within the Metro Vancouver region
- Aren’t sure what the species is? Take a photo and email us at email@example.com and we’ll try to help you identify it!
- To report an invasive species outside of the Metro Vancouver region, contact your Regional Invasive Species Organization or your local government
Invasive species tend to pop up in areas that we frequent, in local parks and gardens, or along roadsides and in ditches. Thank you for helping to report these species!