Glenbrook Ravine Planting - Oct 2023
October 28, 2023 from 10:00am to 1:00pm
We have removed a great deal of Himalayan blackberry this year at Glenbrook Ravine. Now we need your help to replace what we've removed with native plants. We'll be planting a few hundred native trees and shrubs.
This is a family-friendly event, and we have ways for people of all ages and abilities to get involved and contribute. You do not need to be a resident of New Westminster to participate. Anyone welcome! We will be working rain or shine.
Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to Project Lead Melanie Apps at email@example.com to be added to the Glenbrook Ravine Restoration mailing list.
- Appropriate footwear (something with ankle support and closed toes)
- Sunscreen / hat / long sleeve shirt (dress for the weather)
- Your own water bottle filled with your water
- Your own work gloves (if you have them)
- Your own tools if you're able (we have tools to lend)
- A signed waiver (see below for more information)
A waiver will be required for everyone to sign and will be valid throughout 2022. Anyone under the age of 18 will need permission from a parent/guardian (second page of waiver). To speed up the check-in process, you can download, print and complete this waiver ahead of time and bring it with you (first page for adults, second page for minors). Minors not accompanied by a parent/guardian will have to submit a signed waiver ahead of time or bring it with them. Waivers will also be available to sign at the event.